- Birth Date
- 1 May 1828
- Death Date
- 18 March 1919
William came with his wife Julia and son William Jr. from Scotland in 1860 on the ship William Tapscott.
He served as Captain of the company. He is the brother of Thomas.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- Anthon H. Lund, Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- Budge, William, to Brigham Young, 30 Sept. 1860, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 37, box 27, fd. 9.
- Budge, William, to George Q. Cannon, 3 Aug. 1860, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 37, box 27, fd. 9.
- Jesse R. S. Budge in Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 4, 64-65.
- Johnson, Joel Hills, Reminiscences and journals, 1835-1882, reel 1, fd. 2, 27-33.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 49.
- Kidman, Alta Budge, "The Life of William Budge," in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 6:160.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 359.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Robert Bodily journal, Library of Congress collection of Mormon diaries, 1935-1938.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.