- Birth Date
- 4 March 1825
- Death Date
- 14 February 1914
Karen is the wife of Niels Christian Christensen. She came across the ocean in the ship William Tapscott in 1860 with her husband, and two sons, Christen and Niels. She later married Niels Clemmensen.
- Age at Departure: 35
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- "Aged Woman Goes To Her Final Reward," Deseret Evening News, 17 Feb. 1914, 12.
- Christensen, C. L., [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 7:76, 78, 80.
- Christensen, C. L., "Leaves from the Journal of C. L. Christensen," in Heart Throbs of the West , 12 vols. [1939-51], 9:1-3.
- Christensen, C. L., History of C. L. Christensen as He Told It, 1-4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Christensen, Christian Lyngaa, [Journal], in Susan Arrington Madsen, I Walked to Zion , 89-90.
- "Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916."
- European Mission, [Emigration records, Scandinavian Mission] 1852-1920.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 56.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files (CR 376 1), 1850-1887.
- Utah Death Certificates.