- Birth Date
- 23 November 1824
- Death Date
- 1 September 1860
Niels Christian Christensen
Niels came with his family from Denmark in the ship, William Tapscott. He came with his wife, Karen and sons, Christen and Niels. The family traveled with the Budge Company, and later with the Carl Widerborg Scandinavian group after that portion divided itself from the main group. According to his son's history he was shot in a hunting accident and died en route 1 Sep.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Christensen, C. L., [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 7:76, 78, 80.
- Christensen, C. L., "Leaves from the Journal of C. L. Christensen," in Heart Throbs of the West , 12 vols. [1939-51], 9:1-3.
- Christensen, C. L., History of C. L. Christensen as He Told It, 1-4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Christensen, Christian Lyngaa, [Journal], in Susan Arrington Madsen, I Walked to Zion , 89-90.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 56.
- Niels C. Christensen journal excerpts in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001 July, 1860 October-December, 5 Oct. 1860, 1-8.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.