- Birth Date
- 18 August 1828
- Death Date
- 18 April 1892
Richard John Livingston
On the original roster of the William Budge Company Richard is listed as John Croston a name he had also used while serving as a missionary in the European Mission. On the plains he married the widow Isabella Napier Gibb (19 September 1860. ) Upon arriving in Salt Lake City he published the following notice in the Deseret News: "All persons wishing to correspond or transact business with me will please do it in the name of Richard John Livingston, and not John Croston, Livingston being my proper name." ("Notice," Deseret News, 24 October 1860, 8.) Richard and his family became affiliated with the Morrisites. In the 1870 federal census they were living in Douglas County, Nevada. Richard died in Walla Walla, Washington.
- Age at Departure: 28
- 1870 Nevada Census
- Find a Grave
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 47.
- Liverpool Branch, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.
- "The Saints in Europe," Deseret News, 30 March 1859, 3.
- Western States Marriage Index, 1809-2011.