- Birth Date
- 17 March 1818
- Death Date
Ole Olsen Gaarder
His given name is "Ola O." in Journal History and Perpetual Emigrating Fund, General Files.
The family came on the William Tapscott in 1860. The family consisted of: father Ole Olson Gaarder, mother Anna and children: Kari (Karen), Ole, Martin, Andrew (Andreas), Lauritz. They had a child born in Florence in 1860. He dies on the plains but is not on the company roster. The children come on the ship as Olsen.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- 1880 Utah Census.
- Budge, William, to George Q. Cannon, 3 Aug. 1860, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 37, box 27, fd. 9.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 56.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Niels C. Christensen journal excerpts in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001 July, 1860 October-December, 5 Oct. 1860, 1-8.
- Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.