- Birth Date
- January 1823
- Death Date
- 8 May 1852
Initially the Kay family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Brigham Young Company in 1848. The Kay family included John Moburn, his wife Ellen Cockcroft and his children Sarah, Maria, and Ellen. Maria died en route.
In Jacob Peart’s diary, he mentions that Susan Roberts Miller and Martha Royle were John Kay’s “women.” It is possible that they were his wives.
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 8 May 1852, 1.
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Peart, Jacob, Diary, 1847-1872, 33.