- Birth Date
- 29 July 1832
- Death Date
- 29 August 1904
Heinrich and his wife Susannah came from Switzerland in 1860 on the ship Underwiter. Their son Heinrich also came with them but he died in New York.
His name is "Henry" on the death certificate and Find A Grave website.
The 1860 William Tapscott ship register lists the following Reiser family members from Switzerland: Heinrich (28), watchmaker; Eliza (24), and Henry (1). His wife's sister, Mariana Rupp, also traveled in this company. His son, Henry, died at Staten Island.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Ence, Gottlieb, A Short Sketch of My Life [ca. 1900], 9-10. (MS 8658)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heinrich Reiser in Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 4, 47.
- Henry Reiser autobiography, circa 1871.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 52.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 4, 46-48.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Reiser, Heinrich, Reminiscence, 2. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.