- Birth Date
- 3 January 1844
- Death Date
- 22 May 1879
Emily sailed with her family from South Africa to the United States on the ship Alacrity in 1855, landing in Boston, Massachusetts. The family surname is spelled "Landall" on the ship manifest. In a brief "History of Thomas Sandall Sr. Family" written by Mrs. Irvin Hennefer of Layton, Utah and found in the "Memories Section" of Thomas Sandall's Family Tree, the author, a daughter of Annie Sandall, says that a son named Hyrum died in Boston from measles on 9 July 1860. Lucy, another member of the family, age 2, died 16 July 1860, just four days before the trek began.
- Age at Departure: 16
- "Died," Deseret News, 11 June 1879, 16.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 50.
- Massachusetts, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1963.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Pioneer Pathways 5 (2002): 233
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.