- Birth Date
- 1 May 1846
- Death Date
- 29 March 1899
Thomas Sandall Jr.
Thomas sailed with his family from South Africa to the United States on the ship Alacrity in 1855, landing in Boston, Massachusetts. On the Ship manifest the family surname is spelled "Landall" In a brief "History of Thomas Sandall Sr. Family" written by Mrs. Irvin Hennefer of Layton, Utah and found in the "Memories Section" of Thomas' Family Tree, the author, a daughter of Annie Sandall, says that a son named Hyrum died in Boston from measles on 9 July 1860. Lucy, another member of the family, age 2, died 16 July 1860, just four days before the trek began.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 51.
- "Murdered By Burglars," Deseret Evening News, 29 March 1999, 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.
- "Thomas Sandall's Funeral," David Couty Clipper, 7 April 1899, 1.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.