- Birth Date
- 12 October 1820
- Death Date
- 19 October 1896
The Stock family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the William Budge Company in 1860. The family consisted of John and Jane Adams, and their children John William Edwin, Jane Susannah, Elizabeth, Richard Poyntz, Robert Wallace, Sarah Wilkinson, Jessie Esther, and Maria Josephine. The Stock family traveled from South Africa in 1860 on the ship Alacrity.
Their daughter Mary Ann and her husband William Stokes were also in the company. Their first child Mary Jane was born en route.
At the end of a mission to South Africa, John traveled home to Salt Lake City with the Alvus H. Patterson Company in 1863. He was the company chaplain.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 42
- Returning Missionary
- 1870 Utah Census, Rich County.
- A. H. Patterson Emigrating Company, Journal, 1863 June-Sept.
- Budge, William, to George Q. Cannon, 3 Aug. 1860, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 37, box 27, fd. 9.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 4 September 1863, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 50.
- Lightner, Mary Elizabeth Rollins, [Journal], Utah Genealogical and Historical Magazine, Oct. 1926, 256-60.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Obituary Notes," Deseret Weekly, 21 November 1896, 786.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.
- Treasures of Pioneer History, vol. 6, p. 263.