- Birth Date
- 20 December 1844
- Death Date
- 7 September 1932
John William Edwin Stock
The Stock family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the William Budge Company in 1860. The family consisted of John and Jane Adams, and their children John William Edwin, Jane Susannah, Elizabeth, Richard Poyntz, Robert Wallace, Sarah Wilkinson, Jessie Esther, and Maria Josephine. The family traveled from South Africa.
Their daughter Mary Ann and her husband William Stokes were also in the company. Their first child Mary Jane was born en route.
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1870 Utah Census, Rich County.
- “Deaths,” Salt Lake Telegram, 8 September 1932, 13.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 50.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.
- Utah Death Certificates.