- Birth Date
- 11 May 1814
- Death Date
- 12 March 1869
He came with his wife, Maria in 1860. Charles served in the company as Captain of the Scandinavian group. His birth date is confirmed in the Latter-Day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia and in some sources his given name is "Carl."
In 1868, he was a returning missionary from Denmark.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 53
- Returning Missionary
- Christensen, C. L., History of C. L. Christensen as He Told It, 1-4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Christensen, Christian Lyngaa, [Journal], in Susan Arrington Madsen, I Walked to Zion , 89-90.
- "Correspondence," Deseret Evening News, 19 October 1868, 2.
- Ence, Gottlieb, A Short Sketch of My Life [ca. 1900], 9-10. (MS 8658)
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- F. C. Andersen, "Correspondence," Deseret News, 21 October 1868, 293.
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 1:814.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 53.
- Lund, Anthon H. Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- Mariger, Lawrence Christian, Autobiography and journal 1879-1891, 11-12.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Niels C. Christensen journal excerpts in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001 July, 1860 October-December, 5 Oct. 1860, 1-8.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.