- Birth Date
- 12 March 1830
- Death Date
- 14 August 1908
Alexander Gillespie Sr.
Alexander, his wife Mary and children Mary, Agnes, Elizabeth, Alexander sailed to America in 1861 on the ship Underwriter. Another daughter Janet sailed with them but died before the trail.
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his son's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Duncan, Homer, Report of Elder Homer Duncan's Mission to England in the years 1860 and 1861.
- Find a Grave
- "Gave Up His Life to Save Another; Heroism of Alexander Gillespie," Salt Lake Telegram, 15 Jan. 1906, 3.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 13 September 1861, 4.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "State Mental Hospital. Death of Alex. Gillespie," Deseret Evening News, 15 Aug. 1908, 3.