- Birth Date
- 1 June 1825
- Death Date
with wife and child; from England
Month and year of birth found in the Brigham City rebaptism records. Birthdate confirmed using birth and christening records available on FamilySearch.
Homer Duncan's company report indicates that William's wife was with them. However, this seems inconsistent with emigration records. On the ship manifest for the Manchester, Elizabeth's name is struck with an accompanying note that read, "did not go," The words were also underlined. There is, with William, another child by the name Ann Geoyn (Gwynn), but her relation has not been determined and it is unclear whether she actually made it to the United States. She is not listed with William and William Jr. on the New York intake manifest
Surname appears on various documents as Gwyn, Gwynn, Gwynne, Guin, Geoyn, and Guyan.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- Duncan, Homer, Report of Elder Homer Duncan's Mission to England in the years 1860 and 1861.
- Early Missionary Database
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 13 September 1861, 3.
- Rebaptisms in Great Salt Lake Valley: 1847-1854 : index.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Wride, Barry, Large Journal, June 23-September 13, 1861, in W. Thomas Wride, ed., Barry Wride, 1833-1913, His Family and His Journals (1999), 16-19.