- Birth Date
- 25 December 1831
- Death Date
- 12 December 1905
Mary Wride John
David and Mary Wride, along with their daughter Annie Jane, sailed from Liverpool on board the “Manchester” on 16 April 1861, and landed in New York on 14 May 1861. According to ship manifests, Mary’s siblings Ann and Barry were also sailed on the “Manchester.” Barry, Hannah, Anne, and Mary and her family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Homer Duncan Company in 1861. Annie Jane died en route.
Her birth and death dates are confirmed by her death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Duncan, Homer, Report of Elder Homer Duncan's Mission to England in the years 1860 and 1861.
- Duncan, Homer, to Brigham Young, 27 Aug. 1861, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 38, box 28, fd. 4.
- John, Mary Jane Wride, Autobiographical sketch, 79-80, in Histories and biographies written by members of Camp Sunflower, Daughters of Utah Pioneers of Center Utah County, Provo, Utah, vol. 1.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Wride, Barry, Original Journal, July 26-September 13, 1861, in W. Thomas Wride, ed., Barry Wride, 1833-1913, His Family and His Journals (1999), 1-10.