- Birth Date
- 14 February 1829
- Death Date
- 23 January 1921
Thomas Rees Jones
Thomas traveled with his wife, arriving in the Valley in 1861. A few years later, he crossed the plains again, this time working as a teamster for William H. Chipman's 1866 out-and-back company. Both trips are documented in his obituary. Chipman company teamster records confirm that the Thomas Jones working as a teamster was the Thomas Jones sent by the Lehi Ward, which is where Thomas Rees Jones was living at the time.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 37
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- “Captain Henry Chipman Co., 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book, 1866, 1868. (CR 376 8; Box 2; Folder 17; File 6-7, 55-58)
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- Duncan, Homer, Report of Elder Homer Duncan's Mission to England in the years 1860 and 1861.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 13 September 1861, 3.
- "Lehi Settler Dies in Ninety-Third Year," Ogden Standard-Examiner, 24 January 1921, 3.
- Lehi Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 3599.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah Death Certificates.