- Birth Date
- 3 May 1807
- Death Date
- 16 August 1886
Samuel Lindsey Sprague Sr.
His birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
The Sprague family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Brigham Young Company in 1848. The family consisted of Samuel Lindsey and Mary Woodward and their son, Samuel Lindsey, Jr. Samuel Sr. served as the physician for the camp.
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his wife's obituary.
In some documents his middle name is spelled "Lindsay."
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Anthon H. Lund, Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 226.
- "Pioneer Woman Dead. Mrs. Mary Warner Sprague Passes Away," The Daily Tribune , 16 Sep. 1898, 5.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1848 May-September.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.