- Birth Date
- 16 October 1813
- Death Date
- 15 December 1895
He came with his wife Ruth and 11 children in 1861 on the ship Race Horse from Africa and served as Company Chaplain. Six-year-old Gobo Fango, a little black boy from Africa, came with the Talbot family.
His birth date is confirmed by the burial record and Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- Ruth Talbot (Age: 44)
- Charles Stewart Talbot (Age: 20)
- Hannah Talbot (Age: 17)
- Sarah Talbot (Age: 15)
- Albert Joseph Talbot (Age: 13)
- Richard Alfred Talbot (Age: 12)
- Edward William Talbot (Age: 11)
- Walter George Talbot (Age: 8)
- Susannah Talbot (Age: 7)
- Gobo Fango (Age: 6)
- Stephen Barton Talbot (Age: 5)
- Eliza Talbot (Age: 3)
- Hyrum Purcell Talbot (Age: 2)
- 1870 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Duncan, Homer, Report of Elder Homer Duncan's Mission to England in the years 1860 and 1861.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News, 26 December 1895, 6.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Wiggill, Eli, Autobiography, 1883, 466-85.
- Wride, Barry, Original Journal, July 26-September 13, 1861, in W. Thomas Wride, ed., Barry Wride, 1833-1913, His Family and His Journals (1999), 1-10.