- Birth Date
- 22 January 1843
- Death Date
- 4 January 1937
His obituary states that he came to Utah with the Milo Andrews [Andrus] company, but his and his sister's names appear on the hand-written roster for the 1861 Homer Duncan Company.
A few years later, William crossed the plains again, this time as a teamster for Daniel Thompson's out-and-back company. His sister, Janet Watson, was on her way to Utah in 1866. She traveled in this company with him.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 23
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- "Captain Daniel Thompson's (of Fillmore) Company." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book 1866 1868.
- Duncan, Homer, Report of Elder Homer Duncan's Mission to England in the years 1860 and 1861.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 13 September 1861, 4.
- "Kane Man Dies at Provo," Kane County Standard, 8 Jan. 1937, 1.