- Birth Date
- 5 November 1811
- Death Date
- 13 April 1884
Eli, his wife Susannah, children Margaret, Rosanna, Frances and Joseph came from South Africa in 1861 on the ship Race Horse.
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- Davis Stake, High Priest Quorum Genealogical Record, early-1915.
- "Deaths," Deseret News [Weekly], 23 April 1884, 224.
- Duncan, Homer, Report of Elder Homer Duncan's Mission to England in the years 1860 and 1861.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- The history of Eli Wiggill, 1883, 466-485.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Wiggill, Eli, [Autobiography], in An Enduring Legacy, 12 vols. [1978-89], 8:202-6.
- Wiggill, Eli, Reminiscences, 39-41. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.