- Birth Date
- 4 August 1833
- Death Date
- 8 March 1913
Barry and his wife, Hannah Selman, sailed from Liverpool onboard the “Manchester” on 16 April 1861, and landed in New York on 14 May 1861. According to ship manifests, Barry’s sisters Mary, along with her husband and child, and Ann also sailed on the “Manchester.” At the time of their sailing, Barry and Hannah were not married according to ship manifests. Both Hannah and Ann were listed as Spinsters. Barry, Hannah, Anne, and Mary and her family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Homer Duncan Company in 1861.
At the end of a mission to England, Barry traveled home with the Daniel D. McArthur Company in 1868. He sailed from Liverpool on the Colorado on 14 July 1868, and landed in New York on 28 July 1868.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Age at Departure: 35
- Returning Missionary
- “Captain D. D. McArthur memorandum book, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Duncan, Homer, Report of Elder Homer Duncan's Mission to England in the years 1860 and 1861.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 13 September 1861, 4.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Wride, Barry, Large Journal, June 23-September 13, 1861, in W. Thomas Wride, ed., Barry Wride, 1833-1913, His Family and His Journals (1999), 16-19.
- Wride, Barry, Original Journal, July 26-September 13, 1861, in W. Thomas Wride, ed., Barry Wride, 1833-1913, His Family and His Journals (1999), 1-10.
- Wride, Barry, Small Journal, June 23-July 25, 1861, in W. Thomas Wride, ed., Barry Wride, 1833-1913, His Family and His Journals (1999), 51-52.