- Birth Date
- 17 January 1814
- Death Date
- 5 December 1891
Captain of Hundred, Fifth company in 1848. Many wagons in Young's 1848 company were being pulled by teams that were "on loan" from the Pottawattamie Saints. When the company reached the Sweetwater River, word was received that reinforcement teams were on their way from the Salt Lake Valley, so on 30 August, Allen Taylor was asked leave the company and return the borrowed teams to Winter Quarters so they could be used the following year as well.
His obituary says that "The deceased came out with President Brigham Young in 1848 as far as the upper crossing of the Sweetwater, and was captain of [a hundred in] the company. He returned to the Bluffs and came to Utah with his own family the next year."
- Age at Departure: 34
- Age at Departure: 35
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- A Mormon chronicle: the Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- Allen Taylor letter in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 3 September 1849, 5-6.
- Allen Taylor letter to Brigham Young, 6 September 1848.
- "Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14290, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 40)
- Averett family notebook, circa 1916-1965, 36-38.
- Charies Lambert autobiography, reminiscences, and diaries, 1844-1881; circa 1885, Autobiography, circa 1885, 26-28.
- Chase, Harriett Barker, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 14:104.
- Christopher Merkley, Biography of Christopher Merkley (Salt Lale City: J.H. Parry & Company, 1887), 28-30.
- D. H. Redfield letter to Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball, 14 October 1848.
- David Moore collection, 1843-1921, Meeting minutes, 1849.
- "Death of Father Allen Taylor," Deseret News [Weekly], 2 Jan. 1892, 54.
- E. Kay Kirkham, Daniel Stillwell Thomas and Martha Paine Jones Thomas: Early Members of the LDS Church and Utah Pioneers of 1849 (1985), 21-22.
- Elizabeth Neff letter to her mother (Anna Bitner), 21 August 1848, in Musser family letters, 1847-1849; 1877.
- Erastus Snow journals, 1835-1851; 1856-1857, 1847 December-1850 September.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- George C. Lambert diaries, 1866-1912, 7.
- Hosea Stout reminiscences and journals, 1845-1869, Volume 3, 376-79, and, Volume 4, 1-41.
- Ivy Hooper Blood Hill, compiler and editor, William Blood: His Posterity and Biographies of Their Progenitors (Logan: J.P. Smith and Sons, 1962), 14-16.
- James A. Little, From Kirtland to Salt Lake City (Salt Lake City: Printed at the Juvenile Instructor Office, 1890), 205-6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 3, 4.
- Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama (Fairfield, Washington: Ye Galleon Press, 1983), 7-20.
- Phineas W. Cook reminiscences and journal, 1843-1886, 52-56.
- Reddick N. Allred autobiographical sketch and diary, 1898-1903 in Daughters of Utah Pioneers collection, 1828-1963, 37-38.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1848 May-September.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.