- Birth Date
- 20 November 1822
- Death Date
- 18 August 1864
John Mills Woolley
In James Smithies Diary 1846-1859 he is listed as "John Wooles". In James Jackson Woodruff's biographical sketch the surname is "Wooley."
His brothers, Samuel Amos and Edwin Dilworth, and their families traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in 1848 with the Brigham Young Company.
John M. was re-baptized at Salt Lake City 12 February 1848. His name appears on the rolls of the Utah Territorial Militia as early as April 1849.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- James Smithies diary, 1846-1859, 3A-6A, 6B-19A.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 39.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Woodruff, James Jackson, Mary Ann Jackson Woodruff biographical sketch 1917 Apr., 1-2.
- Woolley, John Mills, Reminiscences [ca. 1851], 71-74.