- Birth Date
- 25 February 1815
- Death Date
- 26 June 1900
Israel Chaffee Whiton
Israel was rebaptized at Salt Lake City on 13 September 1851. Additional research is needed to identify the year he crossed the plains and the name of the pioneer company with which he traveled.
Israel's birth place is verified by the Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection.)
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Cache County.
- "Another Pioneer Gone," Deseret Evening News, 27 June 1900, 7.
- Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory