- Birth Date
- 20 January 1831
- Death Date
John initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Samuel A. Woolley Company in 1861. He was the Captain of the fourth ten in the company. Evidence that he came in 1861 is confirmed in information found in Church financial records.He came on the ship, Monarch of the Sea in1861.
At the end of a mission to Europe, he traveled home with the John G. Holman Company in 1868 as indicated by New FamilySearch/Family Tree.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Age at Departure: 37
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 22 September 1861, 7.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Nielsen, Peter, Journal, 1854 June-1867 Mar., 358-63.
- Nielson, Peter, [Diary], in Andrus, Elizabeth Emma Nielson,comp., Ancestors of Elizabeth Emma Nielson Andrus [197-?], 204-8.
- Woolley, Samuel Amos, Diaries, 1846-1899, reel #1, box 1, fd. 3, vol. 9.