- Birth Date
- 13 May 1831
- Death Date
- 2 April 1901
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
Captain of 5th Ten. His given name is spelled "Saamund" in some sources and his surname is also spelled "Gudmundsen" or "Gudmunson" in various sources.
He came on the ship, Monarch of the sea in1861where he married Ellen Marie Morck.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913).
- Gudmundson, Samuel, Diaries 1860-1900, 17, 19.
- Jenson, Andrew, History of the Scandinavian Mission, 155.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 22 September 1861, 9.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Woolley, Samuel Amos, Diaries, 1846-1899, reel #1, box 1, fd. 3, vol. 9.