- Birth Date
- 16 April 1838
- Death Date
- 4 February 1924
John Anson Waite Sr.
Son of John Waite and his wife Jane Caldwell. He crossed the plains with the Horace Eldridge family. In the 1850 Utah census he is in the Eldredge household and his surname is spelled "Wait." His birth date is confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 10
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- "John A. Waite of Bountiful Dies of Pneumonia," Davis County Clipper, 8 Feb. 1924, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 9.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- "Utah Pioneer of 1848 Answers Death Call at Home in Bountiful," The Deseret News , 6 Feb. 1924, 2.