- Birth Date
- 26 December 1819
- Death Date
- 19 October 1908
John Nelson Wakley Sr.
His birth date is confirmed by the Eastern Idaho Death Records Database. He was set apart as a counselor in the Salt Lake 4th ward bishopric in 1849. John's name first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia on 1 February 1850. He was re-baptized on 12 May 1850 at Salt Lake City. He belonged to the Salt Lake 4th Ward in 1852.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- A Mormon chronicle: the Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Elizabeth Jane Perkins Belcher in On to the Valley (1957) by Anson G. Perkins.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 8 April 1849, p. 2.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.