- Birth Date
- 15 December 1836
- Death Date
- 11 December 1923
Chauncey Gilbert Webb
Chauncey initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company in 1848. In the 1850 federal census he appears as "Chauncey Well" in Davis County. He later participated as one of the rescuers sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
He is listed as "Gilbert Webb" on the death record.
- Age at Departure: 11
- Age at Departure: 19
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Biographical Record of Salt Lake City and Vicinity (Chicago: National Historical Record Company, 1902), 507.
- Esshom, Frank. Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1234.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Juarez Ward, Form E, Record of deaths 1923, CR 375 8, reel 3222.