- Birth Date
- 17 October 1838
- Death Date
- 4 May 1928
John George Hafen
The name "Jacob Hafen" appears in the company journal, 24 Aug. 1861 entry. This is probably John George Hafen (1838-1928). Hafen's obituary ("Last of Original Swiss Company Is Buried in Santa Clara") in the Washington County News stated that he crossed the plains in the Sixtus E. Johnson company and he came to America with his father, George (1803-1863), and sister, Barbara (1835-1875). They were probably in the company with him.
- Age at Departure: 22
- "Good Man, a Pioneer of Dixie is Honored," Washington County News, 22 October 1925, 1.
- Hafen, Arthur K., A Biographical Sketch of John G. Hafen , 19-21.
- Johan George Hafen, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- “John G. Hafen, Pioneer, Passes,” Washington County News, 10 May 1928, 3.
- Sixtus E. Johnson Emigrating Company journal, 1861 July-September.