- Birth Date
- 27 October 1824
- Death Date
- 13 April 1896
William Derby Johnson Sr.
Uncle of Sixtus Ellis Johnson.
Evidence from church (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) and documentary records proves the Johnson family traveled to Utah in 1863. He initially traveled to Utah in 1861, but returned east with his son, William. They came back to Utah with the Patterson company.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 38
- A. H. Patterson Emigrating Company, Journal, 1863 June-Sept.
- Find a Grave
- Johnson, Christianna Maria, Reminiscences, in Rufus David Johnson, J.E.J. Trail to Sundown , 353-55.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 4 September 1863, 5.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Obituary Notes," Deseret News, 4 July 1896, 96.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Pioneer Pathways 5 (2002): 219
- Sixtus E. Johnson Emigrating Company journal, 1861 July-September.