- Birth Date
- 10 October 1803
- Death Date
- 5 October 1876
Alexander Williams Sr.
Alexander initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as a Captain of Ten in the Brigham Young Company in 1848. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 52
- A Mormon chronicle: the diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Hosea Stout reminiscences and journals, 1845-1869, Volume 3, 376-79, and, Volume 4, 1-41.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 29 January 1848.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 2.
- Morley, Hannah B., [Partial diary] in [Morley Family Histories n.d.], 1-3.
- Neibaur, Alexander, Journal, 1841 Feb.-1862 Apr., 26-38.
- [Obituary for Alexander Williams], Saints' Herald, 1 January 1877, 15.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1848 May-September.
- Young, Brigham to Alexander Williams, 1 December 1856. Brigham Young office files 1832-1878, Letterbooks, 1844-1877.