- Birth Date
- 16 October 1800
- Death Date
- 25 April 1892
Daniel initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with his wives Mary and Penina and his children in the Brigham Young Company in 1848. In that company, he served as Captain of Fifty. The family's travel to Utah in 1848 is also mentioned in the obituary of his daughter, Elizabeth.
Daniel later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 55
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- A Mormon chronicle: the Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- "Daniel Wood Cemetery to Remain in Business District," Davis County Clipper, 19 Apr. 1946, 1.
- Daniel Wood journals, circa 1862-1900, 33-54.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- First 100, report, 1848 June.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 9.
- McAllister, John Daniel Thompson, Autobiographical sketch, in St. George Stake, High Priest Quorum Genealogical Records, 1872-1906, reel 6039, 90, in Record of Members Collection 1836-1970.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Mrs. Elizabeth Moyle Dies," Salt Lake Herald, 27 May 1908, 3.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters" in Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "Obituary," Davis County Clipper , 29 Apr. 1892, 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 305.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1848 May-September.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.