- Birth Date
- 5 October 1821
- Death Date
- 24 July 1889
James Marks Works
James was a brother-in-law to Brigham Young. He initially came to the Valley in 1848 but was soon called to serve in the British Mission. He returned home from that mission in 1854, traveling with the Robert Campbell company, serving as "captain of loose cattle."
- Age at Departure: 26
- Age at Departure: 32
- First 100, report, 1848 June.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1854, 13.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 66.
- Robert Campbell company report, 1854 August 22.
- Works, James Marks, Letter, 1865 Jan 19, Salt Lake City, Utah to Mrs. Jerusha Worden.