- Birth Date
- 9 June 1801
- Death Date
- 2 January 1880
Jens Jensen Sr.
According to Jens Christian Andersen Weibye’s reminiscences the Jensen family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Christian A. Madsen Company in 1862. The Jensen family included Jens and his wife Maren Andersen and their four children Jens, Ane, Anders, and Ane Marie. The name “Loth” was commonly placed after the Jensen’s surname to distinguish themselves from others with the same name; however, it was not a part of their official surname and they did not use it in Utah.
- Age at Departure: 61
- Head of Household
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- "Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916."
- "Died," Deseret News, 25 February 1880, 64.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- Find a Grave
- Jens C. A. Weibye, reminiscences and journal, circa 1862 in Orson B. West typescript collection, circa 1982-1987, 281-333.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Weibye, Jens Christian Andersen, Reminiscences, 21-26, in Reminiscences and journals [ca. 1862]-1893, reel 1, box 1, fd. 4.