- Birth Date
- 5 February 1836
- Death Date
- 6 May 1858
Joseph Bicknell Young
nephew of Brigham Young.
The Young family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the William Snow/Joseph Young Company in 1850. The Young family included Joseph and his wife Jane Adeline Bicknell and their children: Jane Adeline, Joseph Bicknell, Seymour Bicknell, LeGrand, Julia Ann Vilate, and Chloe Eliza.
- Age at Departure: 12
- Age at Departure: 14
- 1850 Utah Census.
- A Mormon chronicle: the Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June" in Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- John D. Lee, Diary, p. 68
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 14.
- Oliver Boardman Huntington, Diary, Volume 9.