- Birth Date
- 9 March 1840
- Death Date
- 7 May 1908
George M. Giles
George initially arrived in the Valley in 1862, but a few years later he is seen crossing the plains again, this time as a teamster for William Chipman's 1866 out-and-back company from the Hebersville Ward.
It should be said that there is some conflicting information concerning George's exact date of birth. While George's death certificate states he was born 6 March 1840, his headstone and obituary state that he was born 9 March 1840. Also, some census records indicate he was born in 1843. More research is needed to prove George's date of birth.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Age at Departure: 26
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- Captain Henry Chipman's Train, Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts, 1861-1868.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- England and Wales Census, 1861.
- "George M. Giles Dead," Wasatch Wave, 8 May 1908, 5.
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- Montgomery, Livingston, Reminiscences, 1-2.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.