- Birth Date
- 2 April 1861
- Death Date
- 10 March 1933
The family sailed to America in 1862 on the ship John J. Boyd. The ship manifest shows their surname as "Griffiths, and they continued to Utah using that surname. This was John's mother's maiden name.
- Age at Departure: 1
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 16 September 1862, 2-3.
- Missionary Database
- “Pioneer of Ashley Valley and Reservation Buried in Roosevelt Cemetery,” Vernal Express, 23 March 1933, 5.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.