- Birth Date
- 22 March 1827
- Death Date
- 18 April 1900
John Griffith Timothy Sr.
The family sailed to America in 1862 on the ship John J. Boyd. The ship manifest shows their surname as "Griffiths, and they continued to Utah using that surname. This was John's mother's maiden name.
The family's travel to Utah in 1862 is confirmed by the obituaries of Martha and their son Heber.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- "A Pioneer Gone," The Vernal Express, 21 April 1900, 3.
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 16 September 1862, 2-3.
- "Mrs. Timothy's Death," Vernal Express, 13 October 1906, 2.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- “Pioneer of Ashley Valley and Reservation Buried in Roosevelt Cemetery,” Vernal Express, 23 March 1933, 5.
- Rudy, Martha Timothy Gardner, Autobiographical sketch, in Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Camp Orem, comp. Adell H. Fielding, "Original and native pioneer histories, camp history, locality history, Camp Orem," 201.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.