- Birth Date
- 1 August 1824
- Death Date
- 10 October 1906
- The family sailed to America in 1862 on the ship John J. Boyd. The ship manifest shows their surname as "Griffiths, and they continued to Utah using that surname. This was John's mother's maiden name.Her travel to Utah is mentioned in the obituary of her son Heber.
Her birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on her gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Find a Grave
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 16 September 1862, 2-3.
- "Mrs. Timothy's Death," Vernal Express, 13 October 1906, 2.
- “Pioneer of Ashley Valley and Reservation Buried in Roosevelt Cemetery,” Vernal Express, 23 March 1933, 5.
- Rudy, Martha Timothy Gardner, Autobiographical sketch, in Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Camp Orem, comp. Adell H. Fielding, "Original and native pioneer histories, camp history, locality history, Camp Orem," 201.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.