- Birth Date
- 28 October 1803
- Death Date
Esther Elizabeth Benham
Esther Elizabeth Barrow
Robert and Elizabeth first came to the Valley with their daughter, Matilda in 1854. Their son, John LeMottee Benham, and his family also crossed the plains in 1854 and were likely in the same company. At some point, Robert and Elizabeth returned to Europe, perhaps to visit family because in 1862, they are seen crossing the ocean and plains again on a return trip to the Salt Lake Valley. On this trip, they crossed the plains with the Horton Haight Company. More research is needed to identify the company the family traveled with in 1854.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Age at Departure: 58
- "Names of Immigrants," Deseret News [Weekly], 24 September 1862, 2.
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 24.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 58.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 13.