- Birth Date
- 8 January 1823
- Death Date
- 15 July 1904
James Burt Sr.
James, his wife Mary, children Ellen, James Jr., John, Elizabeth and Christina came from Scotland in 1862 on the ship William Tapscott.
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his daughter's obituary.
His birth date is confirmed by Fin A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Salt Lake City.
- Atkinson, Mary Burt, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 5:3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Marshall, Christina Burt, [Reminiscences], in Mary Chard McKee, Early History of Liberty and the People [198-?], 11.
- "Mrs. Christina Marshall Dies," The Standard-Examiner , 31 Oct. 1927, .
- "Names of Immigrants," Deseret News [Weekly], 24 September 1862, 2.
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)