- Birth Date
- 14 February 1824
- Death Date
- 21 August 1892
Matthew, his wife Harriet and children John, Moroni, Elizabeth, Rhoda and William sailed to America in 1862 on the ship John J. Boyd.
late residence, Newbury, Berkshire, England. Evidence from emigration, church (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) records proves that the Pickett family traveled to Utah in 1862.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Tooele County.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Isaac A. Canfield Emigrating Company, Journal, 1862 July-Oct.
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 16 October 1862, 14.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].