- Birth Date
- 18 November 1832
- Death Date
- 5 December 1913
Elisha Franklin Edwards
Elisha Franklin initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848 as a teamster.
In 1849, Elisha traveled again to the Salt Lake Valley with the Howard Egan Company according to Journal History.
The rest of Elisha Franklin’s family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Robert Wimmer Company in 1852. The family consisted of Elisha and his current wife, Jane Gould, and Elisha's children, Edward Erwin, James Peas, Harrison Martin, and Mariah. Jane Gould died en route.
Also traveling in the Robert Wimmer Company was Elisha’s brother, Caleb Gibbons, his wife, Cynthia Shepahrd, and their children, Jane Ellettice and Caleb Elisha.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Age at Departure: 16
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Daniel Davis diaries, 1846-1892, Journal, 1846 May-1889 January, 90-101.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ,7 August 1849, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 13.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 110-115.
- Peter Olsen Hansen papers, circa 1869-1893, Journal, 1849 April-August.
- Pioneer emigration list 1847-1848, 76, in Docket book 1844 Feb.-1845 May.