- Birth Date
- 2 July 1813
- Death Date
- 21 June 1898
The Wareham family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in 1852 with the David Wood Company. The family consisted of James and Harriet Adams and their son Seth. James was the Captain of the 1st Ten and five people.
In 1862, James traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as Captain of the James Wareham Company and a returning missionary from the states.
According to his obituary, he crossed the plains five times, and served two missions in the United States.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 49
- Company Captain
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- "6th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 90.
- Archibald F. Bennett, Ella M. Bennett, and Barbara Bennett Roach, Valiant in the Faith: Gardner and Sarah Snow and Their Family (Murray: Roylance Publishing, 1990), 316.
- Caroline Pratt Scott, Reminiscences, reel 11, box 14, fd. 9, item 5.
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 34.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Patriarch Wareham Is Dead," Manti Messenger , 25 June 1898, 1
- William C. Harrison autobiography, circa 1918; 1990, 183-92.
- Woodbury, Luella Myrlene Snow, Incidents in the lives of Dominicus Carter Snow and his wife Hannah, 3.