- Birth Date
- 22 March 1846
- Death Date
- 12 April 1929
The family’s journey to America on the ship Athenia in 1862 and their travel to Utah with the 1862 John Murdock Company is confirmed by her obituary.
Her name is listed as "Bearta Carlson" on the Deseret News company roster.
Her birth and death dates are confirmed by her death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 16
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hansen, Hans Peter, Autobiography and diary, 1893 Jan-1895 Apr.
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 182.
- "Pioneer Woman Funeral Service in Hyrum Friday," The Journal, 14 April 1927, p. 8.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.