- Birth Date
- 27 April 1818
- Death Date
- 23 April 1901
He came with his wife, Ane Margrethe, and 5 children, Birthe, Ane Marie, Maria, Jens and Karen. Karen died at sea. They came on the ship, Athenia in 1862. His name is listed as "Owla Carlson" in the Deseret News roster.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916."
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 182.
- "Pioneer Woman Funeral Service in Hyrum Friday," The Journal, 14 April 1927, p. 8.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.