- Birth Date
- 11 January 1851
- Death Date
- 17 July 1895
He was traveling with his mother and brother. They arrived in New York on 5 June 1862 via the ship Electric. Birth date is confirmed by temple records kept by his brother, James. His surname is spelled "Clousen" on the Deseret News roster.
- Age at Departure: 11
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- "James Clausen," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- Moroni Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 188.