- Birth Date
- 7 February 1853
- Death Date
- 25 August 1917
Jens (James) Clausen
He was traveling with his mother and brother. They arrived in New York on 5 June 1862 via the ship Electric. Birth date confirmed by temple records he kept for his family. In some sources his name is "James Rasmussen Clawson".
- Age at Departure: 9
- European Mission, [Emigration records, Scandinavian Mission] 1852-1920.
- "James Clausen," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Moroni Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 4408.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 188.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Young, Joseph W., "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.