- Birth Date
- 8 May 1808
- Death Date
- 15 November 1884
He came with his wife, Maren and children, Ove and Karen on the ship, Humboldt in1862. Included in the passenger lists were his step-children: Christian, Frederick, Jens and Maren Christine. A notation is made on the passenger list: Christian Ovesen came with the Lars Petersen family.
- Age at Departure: 54
- Head of Household
- 1880 Utah Census.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- Macdonald, A. F. to R. R. Anderson, Telegram, 3 Aug. 1876, St. George, in Brigham Young, Office files 1832-1878, box 12, vol. 3.
- Memmott, Thomas, Thomas Memmott Journal , ed. H. Kirk Memmott, 2 vols. , 1:81-91.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 509.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America